There’s so much free stuff (some of it add-ons to games you’ve already bought) going on in console gaming that I decided I needed to make a list of stuff I want to check out in the next week or three. I’m going to break this list into two parts, the time-limited stuff and then the permanent additions.
1) Destiny’s “The Dawning” update brings some kind of holiday-themed events as well as Sparrow Racing. I’d point you to Belghast for details, he’s on top of the Destiny stuff far more than I am.
2) Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is free to play for 5 days starting today. You can play the first two levels of the singly player campaign and I guess all the MP and Zombie stuff
3) Microsoft is giving away Lost Odyssey on Xbox 360 and Xbox One (via backwards compatibility in the latter case). I had no luck ‘buying’ this on the Xbox One so here’s a link to it on the web store.
4) DC Universe has some kind of Holiday event going; I just re-installed that on my PS4. I think I’m level 5 or thereabouts; I’m kind of a big deal. Anyway, here’s the official post with all the details.
5) Mentioning this for others because I don’t play, but Overwatch has a holiday event of some sort. I still wish Overwatch was a single player game. I LOVE the characters but hate arena-based competitive stuff like this.
6) The Elder Scrolls Online has it’s first “Nondenominational Winter Holiday Based Event” called The New Life Festival
7) Neverwinter has the Winter Festival of Simril starting today.
Permanent New Stuff
1) Trove just entered beta on Xbox One and PS4. Since I never really played it on PC I’m excited to give it a try. They call it beta but they’re not going to have a wipe for launch.
2) Uncharted 4’s “Survival” mode just launched. Play solo or co-cp against 50 waves of enemies. Earn CHEEVOS. PROFIT!
3) There’s a new update for Battlefield 1 that adds both a map and a custom game mode, Standard Issue Rifles.
4) I still haven’t played the cheerful (that’s sarcasm, it’s super violent and gory) free-to-play Let it Die on PS4.
And I think that’s everything. Or is it??? (Let me know if I missed anything, console-wise. I know virtually every PC MMO has some kind of holiday thing but I’d be here all day if I listed all of those!)
Of course in addition to all of the above, I just gave in to temptation about bought Gravity Rush Remastered and Darkest Dungeons from the PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 and I’ve got peer pressure telling me I should grab Firewatch, too.
One thought on “Too much good stuff!”
A few freebies my PC gaming friends have brought to my attention:
The Division is free to play this weekend on PC (as far as I can tell the offer doesnt’ extend to console versions).
Ubisoft is giving away a bundle of PC games this weekend:
The bundle includes:
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Beyond Good and Evil
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Assassin’s Creed 3
Comments are closed.