Well it hasn’t been the most auspicious of beginnings.
Problem the first: The NaNoWriMo web site is tanking hard. I can’t even access it to post my word count, so my little counter gizmo isn’t updated.
Problem the second: A water main broke and I had no water all day, which made my morning a major chore and had me off kilter all afternoon. Granted I should’ve been able to rise above that.
Problem the third: I had decided I was going to use Scrivener as of last night. Then I got a beta key for Jer’s Novel Writer and fell in love with its margin notes, so I transcribed everything from Scrivener to JNW. But then I found out that JNW really isn’t ready for prime time. I was spending more time fiddling with trying to get it to accept notes than I was writing. So then I transcribed everything back to Scrivener. *sigh*
That all said, I think I got about 1,800 words done. I’m aiming for 2,000/day, so I’m starting off behind. Of course the day isn’t over yet.
As to the actual writing…it didn’t exactly flow at first, and I spent a lot of time naming people and filling in Scrivener’s ‘research’ panel with notes about the characters. But by the end of my writing session it was feeling a bit better.